Family Support Worker
Welcome to our family support page of the website.
Here at Underwood West Academy we have our own Family Support Worker, Miss Haynes who's role in school is to provide support, advice and information to families within our school community. Miss Haynes will be able to help you with any worries you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing.
Miss Haynes can meet with you in school at a time that can suit you. Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the schools Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
Support for pupils can include:
- Promoting good attendance and punctulaity
- Promoting self-esteem and confidence
- Promoting positive behaviour
Support for families can include:
- Providing information and signposting to other agencies in the local area
- Liasing with a range of external services such a housing and social care
- Assistance with completing any paperwork
- Attendance and support at school and in agency meetings
- Advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home and school
- Referral to parenting groups to support with any challenges you may be having at home
- Referral for financial support/debt advice
We are going to be hosting Parent/Carer coffee mornings every other Wednesday starting 20th September at 9.15am. Come and meet the team, discuss any concerns about your child, meet other parents and take part in some fun activities. There will be coffee and biscuits too!!
The Bread and Butter Thing
The Bread and Butter Thing offers weekly groceries at a fraction of high street prices. Our Hub runs on a Thursday from 2pm.
For £8.50 they roughly offer £35 worth of food each week including fresh fruit and veg, chilled food for the fridge and cupboards staples such as pasta and cereal. They get their supplies from the stuff that you hear about in the news going to waste: it comes from supermarkets, factories and farms.
The food changes daily meaning your bags will change from week to week. As the bags vary some weeks savings can be greater than others, however, you will always be paying much less than in the shops.
Why not give them a try? There is no commitment and its free to join, If you wan an order just text 07860 063304 with your full name, postcode and Underwood West. You will receive a text on the Tuesday to see if you want your order still, reply Yes by 10am the next day and your bags will be available to collect from Underwood West on Thursday 2pm. You collect and pay for your goods on the day.