Online Maths Activities
Children make progress best as mathematicians when they regularly repeat skills and practise them until they become embedded. This can be quite a long process sometimes, and so the use of the context of an exciting game or interesting activity can be highly motivating. In our experience, our children learn best when they are having fun and that's what games are for!
Here are some useful website links to help your child at home with their maths in a fun way
Why not try some of them out and let us know what you think…?
Useful websites that have great collections of games to choose from on different mathematical areas.
Maths Zone Another collection of games and activities across the full range of curriculum content, mostly appropriate to our KS2 pupils.
Topmarks Lots of fun games to play with children of all ages! A real favourite in school too.
Internet-based Activities relating to Number and Place Value
- Chinese Dragon Ordering Numbers Learn to order numbers by playing this fun Chinese Dragon game!
- Underwater Counting Game Learn to count up to 10 sea creatures accurately with this fun underwater themed game!
- Give the Dog a Bone Explore the 100 square.
- Eggs to Order (KS1) Ordering numbers according to place value.
- Eggs to Order (KS2) The extended version that includes decimal numbers too.
- Splat Square Splat the numbers in different colours. Play games, look for patterns and learn your numbers to 100!