Mental Health & Wellbeing
Parental Information & Support
This may be a difficult time for children and young people especially following the changes due to Covid-19 and school closures. Some may be struggling now, while others may be affected later.
During this time, it’s important that you take care of your own and your family’s mental health – there are lots of things you can do, and support is available if you need it.
- Action for Children - helps parents to spot the signs of poor mental health in their child and explains what to do to help
- NSPCC - a range of advice on how to support your child if you are concerned that they may be struggling with their mental health or be anxious about coronavirus
- Every Mind Matters – simple and practical advice to support your mental health and wellbeing, including advice on looking after children and young people.
- Samaritans can help if you are worried that someone you know is suicidal, including your child.
- Young Minds’ free Parents Helpline on 0808 802 5544 for confidential, expert advice, if you have urgent concerns about your child’s mental health and wellbeing.
What to do if my child is feeling anxious?
Please see the thumbnails below.